Cholelithiasis is a condition which involves the presence of gallstones in the gallbladder. These gallstones are not really stones but are a small solid material formed in the biliary tract, usually in the gallbladder.
Types of Gall Stones
There are two types of Gallstones
- Cholesterol Stones: These stones which are yellow-green in color are formed due to the higher amount of cholesterol in the bile and are the most common type of gallstones
- Pigment Stones: These stones are formed from bilirubin which is a fluid secreted by the bile and stores in the gallbladder. These type of stones are smaller and darker than cholesterol stones.
Gallstones may be caused due to several reasons which include:
- Problems with gall bladder
- Extra estrogen in body
- Bile can also be a part of the formation of gallstones
- Gallstones may also be formed when your gall bladder can't empty properly
- Blood diseases like sickle cell anemia can cause the formation of gallstones
- Medical condition like Cirrhosis can also cause the formation of pigment stones
The symptoms of gallstone include:
- Digestive problems
- Pain in upper back and belly that lasts for a long time
- Heart burn
- Gastric problems
The treatment of gallstones includes the removal of the gall bladder by a surgery. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is the most common procedure used for the removal of gall bladder. The surgeon takes out the gallbladder through small incisions in the belly with the help of instruments, a camera and a light which helps him to view the inside of the body on a video monitor. The patient can leave the hospital after spending a night in the hospital.
Hernia Surgeon in India, Fistula Surgeon in India, Piles Surgeon in India, Stomach Cancer in India, Colon Cancer Surgeon in India, Gastrologist in India, Breast Augmentation in India, Gynecomastia Correction Surgery in India, Breast Cancer Surgery in India, Colon Cancer Removal Treatment in India, Stomach Cancer Removal Treatment in India, Thyroid Cancer Surgery in India, Skin Cancer Surgery in India, Surgery for Rectal Cancer in India, Injection or Sclerotherapy in India, Karydakis Procedure in India, Laparoscopic Appendectomy in India, Laparoscopic Removal of Gall Bladder in India, Laparoscopic Hernia Repair in India, Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication for GERD in India, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in India, Balloon Dilatation of Achalasia in India, Tension-Free Hernia Repair in India, Laser Surgery for Hemorrhoids in India, Laser Surgery for Piles in India, Rubber Band Ligation for Hemorrhoids in India, Ligation of the Intersphincteric Fistula Tract in India, Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in India, Thyroid Surgery Treatment in India
Vikrams clinic is a multispecialty hospital dealing with the latest technology surgical procedures including Gallstone removal in Chennai. The hospital provides the best and advanced Gallstones treatment in Chennai with the expertise of Dr. A Vikram, one of the best Laparoscopic Surgeon in Chennai.
Visit us @ : www.vikramsclinic.com
Mail us @ : firstname.lastname@example.org