Leg Ulcer is the sore in the leg skin which allows bacteria and air to get inside the underlying tissue. It is mainly caused by underlying disease of the vein and the injury. In most of the people, skin damage heals within days or week. In some cases when the skin doesn’t heal, the affected area can develop into an ulcer.
Hernia Surgeon in India, Fistula Surgeon in India, Piles Surgeon in India, Stomach Cancer in India, Colon Cancer Surgeon in India, Gastrologist in India, Breast Augmentation in India, Gynecomastia Correction Surgery in India, Breast Cancer Surgery in India, Colon Cancer Removal Treatment in India, Stomach Cancer Removal Treatment in India, Thyroid Cancer Surgery in India, Skin Cancer Surgery in India, Surgery for Rectal Cancer in India, Injection or Sclerotherapy in India, Karydakis Procedure in India, Laparoscopic Appendectomy in India, Laparoscopic Removal of Gall Bladder in India, Laparoscopic Hernia Repair in India, Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication for GERD in India, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in India, Balloon Dilatation of Achalasia in India, Tension-Free Hernia Repair in India, Laser Surgery for Hemorrhoids in India, Laser Surgery for Piles in India, Rubber Band Ligation for Hemorrhoids in India, Ligation of the Intersphincteric Fistula Tract in India, Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in India, Thyroid Surgery Treatment in India
Enlarged veins in the leg, swollen legs, hardened skin, red skin, heavy feeling in the pain, pain in the leg while standing for a long period of time and staining on the skin are the Symptoms of Leg Ulcer.
Causes of Leg Ulcers :
- Venous Disease : Most of the leg ulcers are caused by venous disease when the valves inside veins are faulty. The healthy leg valves allow the flow of blood towards heart since it circulates around your body. The veins fail to stop blood flowing back into the legs if the veins are faulty. This leads to an increase of pressure in veins which cause thin skin and inflamed. It increases the risk of venous ulcer.
- Underlying Conditions : Some leg ulcers occur due to underlying conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes.
- Arterial Disease : It is caused by the blockage in any of the arteries in the leg. This restricts blood flow to underlying tissue which results in arterial leg ulcer.
Prevention of Leg Ulcer :
- Lose weight
- Elevating your leg when possible
- Wearing compression stockings
- Exercise regularly
Treatments include removing dead tissue, cleansing the area and dressing the wound with a simple, non-sticky bandage.
For more details
Visit us @ : www.vikramsclinic.com
Mail us @ : email@example.com